I wanted to make sure that my home was eco-friendly, with only natural-made materials. When it came to my bedding, I invested in the best bamboo pillow for its natural fabrics. As a result, it gave me more benefits besides its natural.
But with the many kinds of bamboo pillows out there, which is best? Read on as I show you the top five choices for you!
Table of Contents
- Product Comparison Table
- Top 5 Best Bamboo Pillow 2019
- #1. Coop Home Goods Shredded Memory Foam Pillow - The Supportive and Adjustable
- #2. Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow - The Breathable and Cooling
- #3. Clara Clark Bamboo Memory Foam Pillow - The Affordable and Easy-Purifying
- #4. Hotel Comfort Premium Bamboo Memory Foam Pillow - The Luxurious and Premium Try
- #5. Xtreme Comforts Bamboo Shredded Memory Pillow - The Firm and Pressure-Relieving
- What Is A Bamboo Pillow?
- The Different Types of Bamboo Pillows
- Advantages Of Using a Bamboo Cushion
- How to Choose the Best Bamboo Pillows?
- Who Is Suitable With This Type of Pillow?
- Tips on Caring For The Bamboo Pillow
- Wrapping it Up
Product Comparison Table
Top 5 Best Bamboo Pillow 2019
After doing my research and tests, as well as checking customer bamboo pillow reviews, these are my top five choices:
If you want supportive pillows for any type of sleeping position, then the Coop Home Goods Pillows are for you! This is best known for its adjustability and quality filling, which both my partner and I enjoy.
The bamboo pillow is adjustable with supportive shredded memory foam. That way, I'm able to remove or add more filling as I please, depending on what I want for the night. Because of this, it's enhanced the way I sleep and reduced pain!
As for the cover, it's made of rayon derived from bamboo. This is what make it hypoallergenic and breathable. Because of that, my partner rarely suffers from allergies as he sleeps.
It's easy to clean (the cover is machine washable), as well as pressure-relieving. That's why it's the worthy product. It seems like it can last longer, which is why it's my go-to pillow now!
- The pillow is adjustable and relevant for all sleeping positions
- It’s durable to last with a warranty
- Has the excellent memory foam and cover to improve sleep
- It requires daily fluffing to maintain its shape
- The pillow clumps to firm masses after one or two years
Are you focusing more on the hypoallergenic properties? Then you'll appreciate the Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Pillow. I love it most for it being as cooling and breathable as advertised, perfect for those who sleep hot!
As someone who suffers from hot flashes, I noticed that I stopped waking up in the middle of the night. The breathable and cooling cover that can dwindle the sweating, having me sleep straight. I also commend its hypoallergenic make, which stopped our allergies!
About its material, the conforming properties help me sleep with comfort. My partner doesn't complain of any soreness anymore, and we both love how we wake up feeling more energized. It's no miracle worker, but it reduces my back and neck hurt a lot that it's a great choice.
- It’s made of the hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant to curtail allergies
- It has the conforming properties to lessen strain
- Breathable and cooling to prevent night sweats
- I still suffer from pressure, doesn’t make my back rest completely
- It has a little of an odor during the first few weeks
What I like most about the Clara Clark Pillow is its affordability! While it's quite affordable, it doesn't scrimp on quality and improving sleep.
I was relatively hesitant getting it at first, especially since it took a few days until I got used to. The pillow was softer than I usually liked, though still had the firmness to it that lessened my neck pressure. After though, I learned to appreciate its softy and I now sleep straighter from it!
But do take note that the pillow has its limitations and isn't the most deluxe one out there. It exceeds my expectations with price, but it doesn't completely remove ache or heat. Besides that, it does a job well done and I offer it to those who are on a budget.
- Inexpensive with great value
- It helps in improving sleep and reduces neck and back strain slightly
- Very soft and great to lie down on
- It’s not the most durable pillow out there
- There’s no zipper to adjust the amount of filling
The Hotel Comfort Premium Pillow is a bit more expensive than usual. While it's pricier than other bamboo pillows, you can see its quality immediately. You'll see why it's convenience upon trying it out!
What makes it a good buy is that it comes in a set of two. Both my partner and I use it and have no discontents whatsoever. After the first few days of trying it out, we get up comfortable and without feels any discomfort!
I'm also in love with how fancy it is, it's as similar as a resort pillow. It's customizable, easy to adjust, and made for all sleepers, so it's well-earned. If you want the luxury-hotel feel when sleeping, then this is it!
- Has the lush and premium feeling, like a hostel pillow
- Fantastic comfort and support for sleeping better
- The pillow is easy to wash the cover and breathable to restrict night sweats
- It has a high loft, better for back and side sleepers
- Some complaints about receiving knock-off pillows, depending on the store
Do you endure from back or neck pain? You'll appreciate the Xtreme Comforts Pillow because of it.
The shredded memory foam conform to your head and neck. So after a week or so of using it, I'm surprised and very satisfied!
I stopped getting up in the middle of the night because of the pillow. It also never flattens out and has the wonderful stuffs that make it safe and secure to sleep on. It's hypoallergenic, soft, breathable, and with all the features needed for an amazing sleep.
It's kind of pricier than other pillows, but believe me when I say it's worth. It looks like it's made to last for years that makes it a long-term investment for better sleep.
- Conforms to head and neck
- It’s made of hypoallergenic and breathable bamboo cover for more comfort
- I sleep straight and awake energized without complaints
- It may be quite too firm for some sleepers
- Pricier than other pillows but best for long-term
What Is A Bamboo Pillow?
Bamboo pillow has bamboo fibers from its casing. It's made of shredded memory foam, which promotes breathability and support when sleeping. So the bamboo isn't found in the pillow filling, but only in the cover itself!
These pillows are still advantageous because of its native make. What makes them sustainable? Bamboos don't need irrigation and grow faster than other stuffs.
Another plus is that the bamboo cover is pleasant when touched or used!
The Different Types of Bamboo Pillows
There are actually two main types of these pillows you can pick from:
All-Natural Bamboo Pillow
All-natural has pure environmentally-sustainable fabrics. This is what makes it appropriate for those wanting to turn eco-friendly.
Both bamboo cushion cover and stuffing are organic. They're made without heavy chemicals and processing. You can find out if a pillow is all-natural based on its tag and certification.
Semi-Synthetic Viscose Rayon Pillow
Rayon is NOT the same as bamboo, but it's a cellulose fiber made from the plant. We can consider it to be between synthetic and natural. Meaning to say, it's not considered as artificial or natural.
It has a similar feel to bamboo and a cheaper. But, some may want all-natural for ethical reasons.
Advantages Of Using a Bamboo Cushion
How come a bamboo pillow is very beneficial anyway? Here are the following benefits it has to offer:
These pillows have the superb materials that make it supportive and pressure-relieving. It reduces injury and improves your sleep!
It has sustainable components, which make it hypoallergenic. That means no more suffering from allergies or morning colds when waking up!
Anti-Bacterial and Dust Mite Resistant
Its antibacterial and dust mite resistant make the pillow valuable asthmatics. It also makes it easier to wash, as it doesn't collect as much dust as other pillows.
Made of Natural Organic Materials
The organic materials made in this pillow make it safer to use and an awesome choice for anyone. Plus, they are very soft and durable, made to last!
Environment-Friendly and Sustainable
Do you want a home filled with the environment-friendly products? Then bamboo pillows are best for that.
It's made without heavy chemicals and processing, which with nature. You get to do your small part in saving the planet by making the right eco-friendly choices!
How to Choose the Best Bamboo Pillows?
You can only reap the benefits of a bamboo cushion if you select the one fitting for YOU. There are many things to look into when choosing one that confuse you. So watch out for these important factors to consider.
The Pillow Material and Filling
Like mentioned, bamboo pillow is usually made of other fillings. Based on all the fillings, I suggest that you get a shredded memory foam pillow. This is very supportive and pressure-relieving for pain reduction.
There are other types of fillings I recommend. There is latex, cotton, buckwheat, or down filling, which are breathable and comfortable.
Support and Loft
The loft and firmness levels depend on your sleeping posture and preference. It's why I advise that you get a bamboo shredded memory foam pillow with adjustable filling. This impale the firmness and height.
That way, side, back, or stomach sleepers can sleep without hurting in the morning anymore.
Breathable and Hypoallergenic
Breathability is an important benefit and factor to consider. This is especially if you experience allergies and night sweats! Your bamboo pillow should has the hypoallergenic products, including the filling.
This means that down may not be best suited for you if you're sensitive. Also, memory foam may not be best if you sleep hot.
Comfortable For Improved Sleep
While soft pillows provide comfort, you need to find the right balance between soft and firm. This ensures that you're comfortable and sleep straight regardless of how you rest. Not only the soft filling, but the comfortable cover!
What's Your Budget?
Last but not least, how much are you able to shell out for this pillow? Usually, the cost ranges between $30 to $70, which is the average and can give you great features. But, you should avoid scrimping or overspending on a pillow!
Who Is Suitable With This Type of Pillow?
Who is the original bamboo pillow good for, usually? While I recommend it to anyone, it's especially helpful to the following sleepers:
Suitable For Any Sleeping Position
What's great about this cushion is that they are adjustable with conforming properties. Because of this, it accommodates all sleeping positions
Those Who Suffer From Neck and Back Pain
Do you go through constant back or neck pain? Bamboo pillow with the quality and firm filling help reduce discomfort and stiffness!
The filling is usually either memory foam or latex pillows. Because of this, they provide the support needed to diminish tension. As a result, you awaken with more energized and refreshed.
Bamboo covers are cooling and best used for those who underwent night sweats. This is thanks to the cooling filling like shredded memory foam, as well as the breathable covers.
So if you happen to live in hot climates and need something cooler, bamboo pillow is for you.
Sleepers With Allergies
These products are pure that make it hypoallergenic and dust resistant. Those who are sensitive can sleep well knowing that bamboo pillow doesn't cling on to dust or mites. No more having to wake up with morning colds or annoying sneezes anymore!
With that said, it's not the best for those who are vulnerable by noise while sleeping. It makes a bit of noise, which can cause discomfort for some but it isn't a major issue.
Tips on Caring For The Bamboo Pillow
Now that you learned what you need to know about bamboo pillow, how can you care for one? These are helpful tips showing you how to wash and maintain your pillow:
For more information on washing a bamboo cushion, this is a great video showing you how:
Wrapping it Up
With a bamboo pillow, you can enjoy its hypoallergenic factors and excellent support! They are as amazing as luxury pillows but with all-natural that make it very comfy. Plus, knowing that they're made of bamboo makes the bedroom feel even more luxurious!
Of all the different types of these pillows tried and tested, the Coop Home Goods Pillows are the best. What I love about it is that it's adjustable to whatever sleep position you have. That way, you get the best support according to the way you sleep, making it a pillow for everyone!
I also appreciate the shredded memory foam, which is soft enough to keep me sleeping for long. It's easy to cleaning, long-lasting, and has the long warranty so you're assured a pillow to stay. Of all the features and luxury, it's meritorious.
- FINALLY – YOU HAVE FOUND THE ONE! – Meet the world’s best adjustable pillow. Customize it to achieve just the right individual balance between support and comfort. Whether you are a side, back...
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE, YOU ARE IN CONTROL – Experiencing pain, snoring or tossing and turning are all signs of sleeping wrong. Our unique adjustable design allows you to access the memory foam fill,...
- IS YOUR PILLOW GREEN GUARD GOLD CERTIFIED? – Our Coop Home Goods Eden Pillows undergo strict, third-party lab testing and are CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD Gold certified to ensure safety and quality....
- WE CARE – ONLY THE HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS USED! - The case is made with proprietary Lulltra fabric, a blend of viscose rayon and polyester that provides breathability and softness. You can...
- Made in the USA with domestic and imported materials. Unlike other pillows – we freshly manufacture our foam instead of using repurposed materials. A bonus 0.5 lb bag of fill is included with your...
I hope this article on the best bamboo pillow gave you an idea of what you should invest in. So don't wait any longer and look into any of these pillows today!
Do you have any questions or want to share your tips and bamboo pillows review? Then comment below! Your thoughts are much appreciated.