One of the first investments to make when preparing for your little one is the best baby blanket! These are a huge need to ensure that your baby is at the best temperature for safe and quality sleep.
So if you're still on the search for best baby blankets, read on about my five best choices!
Table of Contents
- Product Comparison Table
- Top 5 Best Baby Blankets 2019
- #1. aden + anais Classic Swaddle Baby Blanket - Extremely Soft and Comfortable
- #2. Miracle Blanket Swaddle Unisex Baby - Innovative and Unique Design
- #3. Luvable Friends Flannel Receiving Blankets - Versatile and Light
- #4. Little Giraffe Chenille Stroller Baby Blanket - Durable and Stylish
- #5. Hudson Baby Blanket with Sherpa Backing - Plush and Easy-to-Clean
- Benefits Of Using Best Baby Blanket
- Types of Ultra Soft Baby Blankets
- How to Choose the Best Blanket For Baby?
- Tips on Caring For Blankets For Your Angels
- Wrapping it Up
Product Comparison Table
Top 5 Best Baby Blankets 2019
Based on my tests, research, and overall customer reviews, these are the five cute blankets reviews to invest in today:
What makes the aden + anais Blanket the best is all thanks to its soft material! The blankets, which come in four, are all made of 100% cotton Muslin, providie the deluxe sense without the stuffiness. The material is lightweight and breathable, all coming in the cute designs that you and your little one will appreciate!
I also love the versatility of this swaddle blanket, as my little one loves to use this for napping. The blanket is breathable and hypoallergenic so it can be used for tummy time as well without causing any reactions.
All in all, I believe this is the best for both your baby AND wallet. It looks built to last for a few years and I have the feeling this is my baby's new safety blanket.
- The four blankets come pre-washed and ready to use
- Made of the soft and breathable fabrics, safe for the baby to use
- Sturdy and durable material can be used for multiple purposes
- It might not be stretchy enough for babies who move around a lot
- Some of the prints on the blanket may fade away after multiple cleanings
If you want the swaddle blanket for both boys and girls, then you'll appreciate the Miracle Brand. It may not be the most adjustable on the market, but it's definitely one of the most quality-made swaddle blankets available. I'm in love with how snug it is without it being so stuffy or hot, also with the ability to keep your baby still.
The swaddle blanket design is perfectly fit for babies of up to 14 weeks, also installing smoothly and wrap around. I have had no problems wrapping my little one around it and it seems like he loves it! No more moving or trying to let go, and it's warm enough to keep him sleeping well.
- It’s easy to wrap around and stands in place, the baby doesn’t move
- Your little one holded on warm and snug without the stuffy feeling
- It can fit most newborns and calms them down
- It has no other versatile purpose and only meant for infants
- Some complaints of receiving blankets with the rough feel and no elasticity
For those who want something very affordable, then you'll love the value of the 4-pack Luvable Friends Blankets!
It's very simple yet such a accomplished blanket with much functions and making for unisex. The blanket material and feel might not be the plushest, but it keeps your little one relaxed.
For its fee, I believe it to be worth it and even more. It's easier to clean and doesn't wear out easily, plus the lightweight design makes it's easy-to-travel. Made with flannel cotton, I see this blanket supplying relaxation for my little one well.
- The blankets come at an excellent package but inexpensive
- Soft enough to keep babies comfortable and can be used for many intentions
- It’s light and easy-to-travel
- It’s not the most long-last and tears easily if mishandled
- Stretching and elasticity begin to wear out after many washes
For parents who want the best for their baby, the Little Giraffe Chenille Blanket is definitely topnotch. Honestly, I wish they had an adult-sized version of this because it feels THAT amazing.
The blanket's made of the poly microfiber plush chenille fabric, which gives it the soft buttery smoothness and touch. My baby and I really love it, especially on our easy-allergic skin!
Plus, the blanket's design alone already looks luxurious and lovely, appearing in bright colors and the elegant-looking.
Furthermore, it's definitely convenient to wash, and it DOESN'T fades at all! No matter how long you use it for, those stains get out and the quality never fades. All in all, a luxury baby blanket to last long.
- Extremely lasting and easy-care, lasts for long-term
- Beautiful and attractive design with the luxury experience
- Warm and various sizes for all babies to try
- It doesn’t come in an adult size
- Some complaints of the blanket looking clumpy and rough after number of washings
Last but not least, there's the Hudson Baby Brand, made of the opulent Sherpa backing!
It comes at such a low-priced product and the super soft feel, but slightly more expensive than my editor's vote. Also, while I'm in love with its feel and warmth it gives my baby, I also commend it for the adorable design!
When you receive the blanket, it's soft enough and my baby did enjoy it. But what makes it the fifth place was the simple wear and tear after washing stains. The bottom isn't as smooth as it was, though it's still enjoyable to use, so it's no huge deal breaker.
- Blanket stays warm and comfy to use, baby likes it
- Adorable design and good weave for kids’s growth
- Big enough to be used for babies over one year old
- Not the most long-lasting and looks rougher after a few washes
- Only comes in one blanket, no package
Benefits Of Using Best Baby Blanket
Before anything else, how would you define a newborn blanket anyway? The main difference is, of course, its size and softer feel, but how else does it benefit your little one?
Here are some of its major aids and characteristics that organic baby blanket offers:
Your little one will want to be in his mother's arms all the time, especially at a young age! A blanket you can wrap him around it brings the sense of protection, preventing crying spells if he rests alone. It also provides warmth your baby needs, providing both convenience and better sleep.
Because baby blanket has many interesting designs and the soft feel, it supports with sensory progress.
They learn about the sense of smell and sight, especially when the blanket has a particular pattern or weaving. It isn't only about it being cute, but it interests your little one as well, developing their minds! (Via: Baby Center)
Support Brain Development and Health
Cutest baby blankets help with your children's health and brain development as it improves sleep.
When they're used to swaddling and wrapped in a blanket, they're less likely to jolt awake when sleeping alone. It trains them for self-comfort and the improved sleep facilitates hone their brain growth, as well as the energy needed. (Via: Essential Baby)
Types of Ultra Soft Baby Blankets
Did you know that there's actually more than one type of blankets for baby available in the market? While most are functional enough to use in different ways, some specialized for better results.
Here are the four main kinds of blankets for toddlers to choose from:
Receiving blankets are the most adaptable type available for your little one. They are simple and benign, measuring about one yard and used for various purposes. You can use it for laying your child on the floor, for swaddling, catching drool or spit-up, and more!
Many moms prefer receiving blankets because of their many uses and cost-effective welfare. Plus, they're enduring enough to last for many profits and for your future children!
These blankets help give your little one more comfort and warmth, especially when they're learning to sleep on their own.
It's made of a soft fleece or deluxe material, sometimes even having a stuffed animal to go with it. These are soft and stable, as these are blankets they carry around with also after they grow older.
A swaddle blanket has similarities as a security blanket, providing comfort for babies. But these are for swaddling your baby. It keeps your little one stay cozy while sleeping, without the risks.
Crib blankets are a general term for many types of sheet or beddings for your child's crib.
They are solely meant for the crib and made of the soft materials your baby can safely sleep on alone. These blankets are also vlexible since you can use it as crib sheets, blankets, beddings, and more.
How to Choose the Best Blanket For Baby?
Now that you know what the baby blanket is, how do you know which is best for your little one? Here are informative factors to consider when choosing your toddler's blanket:
There are various materials blankets consist of, such as:
With that being said, you must ensure that the material chosen is hypoallergenic and good for the sensitive baby skin!
According to Better Health Channel, Patterns and texture help with newborn brain development, which is why it's nice to have beautiful blankets for them.
I recommend getting adorable ones or something with bold patterns your baby will appreciate. Remember to focus on the strength of the blanket's material too, ensuring that it's strong and built to last!
Necessary Safety Features
Safety should be your top priority when it comes to investing in your babe's necessities.
For blankets, focus on getting breathable materials that aren't too big that your baby might choke or suffocate with. It should be slight and breathable, also not have any unwanted chemicals that cause allergic reactions.
Not only the option for your baby, but you should also look for a blanket for yourself, especially for this summer. Checking out my TOP 5 Best Blanket for more suggestions
Tips on Caring For Blankets For Your Angels
It's important to care for organic baby blanket to keep they safe and healthy for your little one to use. With that being said, here are some helpful list on taking care of your infant blankets:
If you want to know more about how to care for your baby items, here's a helpful video:
Wrapping it Up
Getting a baby blanket helps your baby stay comfortable while swaddling, sleeping, or even traveling. Not only do they have the satisfaction, but safe materials that make these blankets perfect for your little one. And yes, proper research on getting the breathable baby blanket will be so worth it in the long run!
Of all the different baby blankets tested out, the aden + anais Blanket is best. What I love most about it is its make and feel, being both comfortable AND gorgeous. It's made of the premium cotton muslin and the perfect size to swaddle and wrap your baby!
Besides that, it doesn't heat up too much, still staying soft even after washing it in the machine. With all these combined, it's a great investment, lasting for years to come (use it for your future children!).
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - If at any point in time - for whatever reason – you should be dissatisfied with our baby blanket - don’t hesitate to contact us!
- SUPER DURABLE BOUTIQUE QUALITY- Let our extraordinarily high quality muslin assure you that you’re doing the best thing for your baby’s comfort. Superior breathability, natural give, softness and...
- LARGE, VERSATILE & STYLISH – Includes four 47” x 47” (120cm x 120cm) swaddle blanket. Our large sizes provide you and your little bundle of joy with enough space for wrapping & swaddling without...
- THIN, BREATHABLE & SAFE - Each individual 1-layer swaddle blanket is thin enough to provide ample breathability. aden +anais keeps your little one comfortable and safe!
- NO MORE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS - Keep your little one from overheating while at the same time providing her / him with a nice comfy blanket. Swaddling recreates the snugness of the womb so your baby is...
Hopefully, this article on the best baby blanket helped you find the one your infant needs. So don't wait any longer and look into getting any of these products today!
Do you have any questions or want to share your advises and reviews on any of these blankets? Do comment below! I would love to hear what you have to think.