Now that summer's coming, it's getting too hot, even when using a blanket for sleeping at night! But I know how important a blanket is despite the heat, which is why I got the best summer blanket. If you want your own blanket for the hot season, then read on!
Table of Contents
- Product Comparison Table
- Top 5 Best Rated Brands For 2019
- #1. Bedsure Fleece Soft Cozy Luxury Bed Blanket - Super Plush Yet Cooling
- #2. Design Weave Temperature Regulating Blanket - Quick-Absorbent and Temperature-Regulating
- #3. Utopia Bedding Summer Cotton Blanket - Affordable and Breathable
- #4. YnM Cooling Weighted Blanket - Comfortable and Helps With Sleep
- #5. Balichun Luxury 330 GSM Fleece Blanket - Lightweight and Luxurious Feel
- What Is a Summer Blanket?
- How to Choose the Best Cooling Blanket for Bed?
- Tips On Caring For a Summer Blanket
- Wrapping it Up
Product Comparison Table
Top 5 Best Rated Brands For 2019
Based on my tests and research, here are five best blankets to invest in today:
Besdure Fleece Soft Cozy Luxury Blanket is my top choice because it comes with ALL the qualities you need in a blanket. From its affordable price down to its quality and versatility, you get more than what you pay for.
This blanket is made of fleece and with many sizes and colors to choose from according to what you need. Once you get to feel it, you'll see how soft it is and be surprised (like me!) about how cooling it still is. It's soft and plush, yet so lightweight and versatile, using it for traveling, napping, or for the bedroom.
Honestly, even I'm still surprised by the beauty of this blanket. It has the breathability and cooling properties even during hot nights, I wake up fresh and without sweating. All in all, you get your money's worth and more.
- Amazing quality built for breathability and ventilation
- Versatile and lightweight design that can be used for traveling and sleeping
- Many sizes and colors to choose from for any use
- Soft feel to keep you comfortable
- The color accuracy might be a bit off
- Blanket sheds a bit of material
For those who want something totally made for the hot night, then you'll want the Design Weave Blanket. It comes at a bit more expensive range, but trust me when I say it's made to cool. It's actually possible to use a blanket to keep you cool rather than keep heat!
When I first tried the blanket, I was pleased with the results, preventing night sweats and discomfort throughout the night. This is thanks to the advanced technology, which is what absorbs, stores, and releases heat! The blanket keeps us cool by balancing and regulating temperature, preventing it from getting too hot.
Another thing I highly appreciate about the blanket is that it's hypoallergenic and can be used by anyone. It might not be the softest feel, but it does the job in keeping you cool even during the hottest times.
- Amazing technology that helps keep heat away from sleepers
- Comfortable enough to sleep with and prevent hot flashes or night sweats
- Hypoallergenic material, easy to clean and maintain
- It’s not as soft as other blankets
- A bit heavier compared to other blankets
If you want something at a less expensive without scrimping on quality, I recommend the Utopia Bedding Cotton Blanket. It's a simple blanket made of cotton, coming in either two colors or three sizes. While the choices of designs and sizes aren't vast, you'll like how it performs!
It's made of the waffle weave, keeping you comfortable under the heat while still being soft enough to sleep with. It's lightweight and has the light to medium feel to it, which makes it great to use during any season. After a few nights of trying it, I'm with its material, feeling soft enough for its price.
While this blanket isn't the most luxurious, it does the job in keeping you cool the entire night. You can even use it for other seasons and still last, which makes it worth the price.
- The blanket comes at a very affordable price
- It doesn’t shed as much material and feels good to sleep with
- Made of waffle weaves to promote breathability and cooling
- It may feel a bit scratchy for some at first
- The sizes run small, so get a size up
Even if the blanket's weighted, the YnM Weighted Blanket keeps you fresh during the hottest summer nights! It's made of bamboo viscose, which is what makes it feel so soft yet cooling and temperature-regulating. This blanket's for hot weather and has the premium feel to it, which is what makes it a great buy.
I immediately felt the cooling effects of this blanket, having the excellent material that wicked away sweat. I woke up without sweating or feeling icky from the heat, as the blanket was cool to touch. It's a 300-thread count and with the SMART breathable fabric that keeps all hot sleepers dry and comfy.
Though a bit more expensive and heavy, I can say it's worth the price. If you want something effective in cooling, you won't have any problem at all with YnM.
- Soft and luxurious feel, made of the natural materials
- Cooling and wicks away sweat and moisture every night
- It has a removable cover to make it easier to clean
- The sizes are a bit smaller and won’t cover the entire body
- It takes time to get used to the blanket’s feel and weight
For those who want luxury at a more affordable price, the Balichun Luxury Blanket is for you. While it isn't the most cooling, it deserves to be on the fifth of my list for its incredible feel. It still ends up keeping me cool most of the time, too!
It's actually made of polyester, which is what makes it cooling AND regulates temperature, whether it's hot or cold. The blanket is also lightweight and easy to move around with, which makes it great to use for sleeping or anywhere around the house.
Though not as cooling compared to other products, it's still breathable enough to keep me from sweating tons. Plus, I love the color!
- Very soft and plush feel for extra comfort
- Lightweight and easy to store or bring around
- Sound and durable construction looks like it can last long
- Not the most cooling and breathable
- Slides off the bed sometimes
What Is a Summer Blanket?
Before we get into the reviews, what is best summer bedding blanket in the first place? As the name suggests, these blankets are best used during hot nights, particularly in the summer. They're made of cooling properties that regulate body temperature, keeping you fresh all night.
These characteristics are what make these blankets different from the usual ones we have:
Less Loft and Insulation
Cooling blankets usually have the less loft, being thinner, but still having the soft feeling for comfort. Furthermore, these blankets also have less insulation, which is what keeps you warm because of its thickness. That way, it will be able to hold less heat and prevent you from getting hot while sleeping.
During hot nights, I'm sure you feel iffy and unable to breathe, which has you sleep without a blanket. Blanket for summer encourages ventilation and keep you cool during any weather. Definitely better than using heavy weighted blankets during the hot summer!
Heavy blankets mean hot blankets since all that weight and material is covering you (that's what blankets are for!). That's how best summer bedding blanket differ, weighing less to make it, even more, cooling (apart from its material). Not only is this beneficial for hot nights, but it makes the blanket even easier to bring!
How to Choose the Best Cooling Blanket for Bed?
Now that you're familiar with what a best blanket for summer is, how can you pick the best one? There are various types of blankets to look into, so here are the important factors to consider:
What's It Made Of?
These are the top different types of materials best blanket for hot weather is made of:
What's The Weave Quality?
The weave is what holds in heat, so the tighter your blanket's weave is, the more it keeps heat in.
Waffle weaves are more breathable, knit weaves have larger holes for breathability (but less heat retention). Percale is breathable but less smooth, while twill is a bit rougher. I highly recommend that you invest in waffle weaves, which are the perfect balance of smooth and breathable.
Blanket Style or Pattern
Whether you invest in a blanket for winter or summer, of course, you'll want it to look beautiful! Many cooling blankets come in different patterns and colors so you can choose your design. Invest in a blanket with the right material but also the attractive look which makes your bedroom look amazing.
Strength and Durability
Though you may only use it during hot nights, it's still recommended that you find a durable blanket. After all, you want your money's worth, so focus on high-quality materials made to last for years of usage. That way, you can use it not only for sleeping but for other places without it wearing out too quickly.
Tips On Caring For a Summer Blanket
Once you've already bought a best blanket for hot weather, you have to make sure that you care for it well. But the question is: How can you wash and maintain blanket for summer without risking wear and tear? Here are important and helpful tips to follow:
To learn more details, check out this informational video:
Wrapping it Up
Summer night can get so hot to the point that you can't get comfortable under blankets anymore. That's why it's important to have summer blankets in case of such hot nights. These blankets can help you feel more comfortable despite the heat, especially if you like being under blankets to sleep.
After much test and research, the best blanket goes to the Bedsure Blanket. What I love most about this blanket is that it comes at such an affordable price without scrimping on quality! This is a versatile blanket with a huge size yet lightweight properties to take anywhere.
You can use it in bed or on the couch, even when traveling for anyone to be cozy in. The fleece material is soft enough to stay comfortable and sleeping well. From its abundant choices of colors down to its many uses, it's worth the price! I recommend it to ANYONE who needs something lightweight and cooling to sleep with.
- Thicker & Softer: We've upgraded our classic flannel fleece blanket to be softer and warmer than ever, now featuring enhanced premium microfiber. Perfect by itself or as an extra sheet on cold nights,...
- Lightweight & Airy: The upgraded materials of this flannel fleece blanket maintain the ideal balance between weight and warmth. Enjoy being cuddled by this gentle, calming blanket whenever you're...
- Versatile: This lightweight blanket is the perfect accessory for your family and pets to get cozy—whether used as an addition to your kid's room, as a home decor element, or as the designated cozy...
- Giftable: Available in multiple sizes and colors, this ultra-soft blanket makes a perfect present and comes in a festive pre-wrapped package ready for gifting.
- Enhanced Durability: Made with unmatched quality, this blanket features neat stitching that ensures a more robust connection at the seams for improved durability. Guaranteed to resist fading and...
I hope that this article on the summer blanket helped you find the perfect one for you! So don't wait any longer and begin looking into any of these blankets now.
If you have any questions or want to share your tips and experiences on any of these blankets, comment below. I would love to hear what you have to think!